Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Kitchen Remodel Complete!

I hope you all had a restful and wonderful Christmas and New Year's, but now it's time to get back to business. It was so hard to get up to go to work this morning. Then when I got to work, a pile of work the size (and quality for that matter) of elephant dung sat taunting me on my desk. Thank you, Alex from 3 weeks ago, for saving all of this work for me!

Anywho, after 6 weeks with no kitchen, the remodel is finally complete...at 3pm on Christmas Eve. That was a fun day. I had approximately 9 nervous break downs over the course of 48 hours. My poor, yet incredibly understanding husband. I'm usually a perfectionist as it is, but add in the pregnancy hormones and a peppermint buttercream cake that looked like pink barf, and you've got a recipe for disaster. The husband and I were up until 1am Christmas morning cleaning and putting everything away in the kitchen so that we were ready for our company on Christmas day. Thankfully it all was accomplished and we could not be happier with our beautiful new kitchen!
BEFORE

AFTER

we pretty much gutted the whole thing. We added granite, new cabinets, all new stainless steel appliances, hard wood floors (throughout the house as well), new window, new door, stone backsplash, removed the island and overhanging vent, and probably a bunch of other things I'm forgetting!

1 comment: