Monday, June 28, 2010

WaKE uP...and smell the paint

So the rumors are true...I am officially on summer vacation, although it doesn't really seem like much of a vacay quite yet. I've doubled up on Master's classes so that I can finish at the end of August, and I've seriously comtemplated whether or not this is a good idea. Last week I spent an average of 6 hours a day in front of the computer screen writing TWO 15 page, research based final papers. Yes, I know, I brought this upon my self, I just wish I could see my friends more and my laptop less. At least on Saturday some of our wonderful friends invited us up to the lake with them, to which we replied, "Yes Yes Yes!!!" Matt and I both wake boarded, and let me just tell you, I'm two days in and I feel like I've been trampeled by a herd of hungry, wild, salavating Rhino's. Matt kept affectionately refering to me as "grandma" or "Dolores" yesterday as I tried to manuever my way , well, anywhere, hunched over and at a snail's pace. I was just giving him a look into our future : ) On top of all the pain and regret I was feeling last night we still had to clear furniture out of the entire house since the guys were coming today to scrape all the popcorn off of our ceiling and texture it all. Now, let me first begin by saying I am so incredibly grateful that we are able to finally do this, but I am not so much looking forward to the rest of the week which entails me (decrepit and stiffer than Barbie herself) trying to paint every single wall in the entire house. This will be fun. Oh and btw...
perfectionist + impatient = nervous breakdown. I'm pretty sure matt is going to return home on Thursday eve to find me rocking back and forth in a corner covered in "Smoking Oyster," running a paint brush back and forth across my face singing California Gurl. Oh boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment