Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What happened to July?

Beats me. All I know is that it's gone, and August is quickly following suit. Well the good news is, the painting is done, and my sanity is still partially intact...the doctor says I should make a full recovery. AND I'm only 2 1/2 weeks away from completing my master's. This summer has been a whirlwind. We spent 10 days on vacay where we went to DC for a few, Maryland, Virginia, and spent 6 days on North Carolina's Outer Banks...OBX fo life yo. That's right, I said it. The beach was beautiful, although there were excess amounts of large bulbous jelly filled sacks in the water...It thought Hiedi Pratt had exploded or something. Turns out they were just jellyfish...of the non-stinging persuasion. Oh and my sweet hubs bought me the greatest grad gift ever...the Nikon D3000..oh yah.



On a different note, while in DC we went to the Newseum. It was really incredible. Every time I turned to a new exhibit I found tears rolling down my cheeks. There was an exhibit there that showed all of the Pulitzer Prize winning Photos and gave a brief explanation about each picture. I don't even have words to describe what I saw and felt...it was just really something. If you are ever in DC I highly recommend checking it out.

Then we walked up the street to a rather delicious lunch.





More photos from DC...



Watching the sun rise out of the ocean has got to be one of the most amazing experiences. I say experience instead of sight because there is more to it than seeing it. The fine grains of sand under your feet, the cool briny air whirling across your skin, the rhythm of the waves coming to rest on the shore, all while holding the hand of the person you love most...it's pure bliss.




and they lived tanily ever after...

No comments:

Post a Comment