Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Healthy Raspberry-Vanilla Muffins

I had the urge to bake last night, but I really did not have the urge to eat a ton of fatty, unhealthy food...thus counteracting my urge to bake. Until, that is, I disovered a recipe for Raspberry muffins in a cookbook my Auntie gave me for Christmas, and I altered the ingredients to make them...get this, healthy. They actually turned out really yummy.
Mix the following in a large bowl:

2 cups whole wheet pastry flour
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1 tbls baking powder
1/2 tbls baking soda
pinch of salt




In another bowl whisk the following together:

2 eggs
1 cup vanilla non-fat yogurt
6 tbls sugar-free apple sauce
1 tbls vanilla extract
(I also added 1/4 cup of water to mine because it was a little thick)

Add 1 cup frozen raspberries (or whatever berry you like or have on hand)
Mix the wet ingredients into the dry
Spray your muffin pan with non-stick spray or line with tins
fill and bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes
ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment